Biomedical Engineering Entrance Exam Syllabus Nepal planned by the Purbanchal University of Nepal. Most importantly,6 subjects questions are asked in the entrance exam.
University has a published syllabus for each subject with total marks which is to be asked.
Biomedical Engineering Entrance Syllabus: English
In entrance exam from English subject 25 marks question are asked which are divided into 3 sections or unit which are listed below:
Unit A: 5 Marks
Phonological questions, dealing with Phonemes, Phonemic symbols and word stress.
Unit B: 2 Marks
Laxical Questions, Dealing with word formations and antonyms, synonyms and one word for many words.
Unit C: 25 Marks
Grammatical Question, dealing with the rest of the items given in the syllabus.
Each Question is of objective type with multiple choice answer which carries one mark.
- Use of Pronouns
- Relative Pronouns
- Subject – Verb Agreements
- Use of tense
- Parts of Speech
- Causative verb
- Linking Verbs
- Use of Prepositions
- Sentence Structure
- Transformation of Sentences
- Conditional Sentences
- To infinitive and gerund forms
- Question Tag
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- One Word Substitution
- Use of Suffix and Prefix
- Word Power
- The expression “ASIF” and “As Though”
- The expression “NEED” and “In Need of’
- Idioms and Phrases
- Sentences: Simple, Compound and Complex
- Affirmative and Negative Agreements
- Use of Articles
Biomedical Engineering Entrance Syllabus : Mathmatics
Total marks asked from Mathmatics in entrance exam is also 25. Likewise, these marks are divided into 6 units.
- Set and functions: 4 Marks
- Algebra: 4 Marks
- Trigonometry: 5 Marks
- Coordinate geometry: 4 Marks
- Calculus: 4 Marks
- Vectors: 4 Marks
Biomedical Engineering Entrance Syllabus: Physics
25 marks questions are asked from 6 chapters. Each chapter has a weightage of 3marks however, mechanics and electricity cover 8 and 5 marks questions in the exam respectively.
- Mechanics: 8 Marks
- Heat: 3 Marks
- Optics: 3Marks
- Sound: 3Marks
- Electricity: 5 Marks
- Atomic Physics: 3 Marks
Entrance Exam Syllabus: Chemistry
- States of matter: 3Marks
- Atomic structure: 4Marks
- Oxidation and reduction: 2Marks
- Periodic table: 3Marks
- Hydrogen, oxygen, ozone and water: 4Marks
- Introduction to organic chemistry and hydrocarbon:3 Marks
- Volumetric analysis and ionic equilibrium: 2Marks
- Aldehydes and ketones: 2Marks
- Iron: 2Marks
Entrance Exam Syllabus: Biology
- Bio-molecules and cell Biology: 2Marks
- Biodiversity: 6Marks
- Biota and their Environment: 3Marks
- Anatomy and physiology of organisms: 2Marks
- Genetics: 3Marks
- Development Biology: 2Marks
- Human Biology and Health: 4Marks
- Application of Biology: 3Marks
Entrance Exam Syllabus: Basic computer
- Introduction to Computer: 1mark
- Basic Computer Organization and Computer Peripherals: 3mark
- Computer Storage: 2mark
- Computer Software: 2mark
- Introduction to Database Networks and Internet:1 mark
- Networks and Internet: 4mark
- Computer Hardware: 2mark
- Basics of Windows and User Interface: 3mark
- Basic DOS Commands: 1mark
- Word Processing: 2mark
- Spreadsheets: 2mark
- Presentations: 2mark
Entrance Exam Syllabus: Aptitude
Sentence Completion:2 marks
Word Groups : 2marks
Logical Reasoning : 2marks
Deduction : 2marks
Numerical Computation: 2marks
Numerical Estimation:2 marks
Numerical Reasoning: 2marks
Percentage, Ratio and Proportion: 2marks
Data Interpretation : 2marks
History of Nepal: 2marks
Geography of Nepal: 1marks
General Information of PU : 2marks
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the subjects in biomedical engineering?
Subjects in Biomedical engineering are:
How much does it cost to study biomedical engineering in Nepal?
It cost around 5,50,000 to study biomedical engineering in Nepal.
Is there Biomedical Engineering in Nepal?
Yes, In Nepal Biomedical Engineering is available in College of Biomedical Engineering and Applied Sciences.